Hello everyone!
It's great to hear that it is finally warming up back home. Maybe it won't still be snowing by the time I get back!
I have been back from Kenya for two weeks. It's been pretty slow around here because schools have been on a month break. It gets boring sometimes, but it's been good to rest since we are gearing up for a crazy summer that is just about to begin. Next Monday 7 new volunteers arrive from the States and then for the rest of my trip people will be coming and going like crazy. I really haven't been excited about summer for the few months, and I kept wondering why. Recently, God revealed to me why I haven't been. It comes down to one word, but it's a big one...pride. I haven't been okay with having other people hear and "sharing" these children and responsibilities at projects. Honestly, that is such a horrible, horrible attitude. I am not here for me, I am here for God..to bring Him glory and to spread the hope of Jesus Christ. I so easily forget that and begin thinking of myself and what I want and need. However, God is working on me, changing my heart and reminding me of my "first love" and why I am here. I am realizing I am going to have to lead in a different way this summer. I am going to have to step back at times and let others step up. For me that is so hard, but it's huge part of what God is teaching and I welcome the challenge and how I will grow through it! Please pray for me to have the grace, patience and love this summer and that my attitude would be that of Christ who gave himself up for us. I want to glorify God with all of my life. Praise God for sanctification because I fall short every single day. "His mercies are new every morning!"
Here are a few things you can be praying for this summer:
1. Team unity
2. Provision for all that are coming
3. Grace and patience to lead and be an example for everyone new who comes in.
4. God to work and make His name known
5. That I would constantly remember why I am here and that I would be able to finish these last two months strong!
6. As I prepare to go home that God will be preparing my heart for all I encounter. It is going to be a struggle.
I can't believe I am so close to the end of my trip. As of today, I have been here for ten months. Praise God for all He has done and how He has stretched me and grown me. I love you all and I will see you very soon!!
Craig
No comments:
Post a Comment