Monday, July 19, 2010

"Praise God, Amina!"

    "Praise God!" I have been constantly saying that all week. I have seen God work in ways that blew my expectations for my first week! The staff and volounteers here have been so great, and I have built awesome friendships. Any fears that I had are gone, and I have God to thank for that! It has been tough because throughout the entire week people have been leaving, but I feel like I have built friendships that will last. I can already see this place becoming home.
     I never realized how much I missed African kids, it has been so refreshing to be with them again. The way they just want to loved and held, blows my mind and reminds me of how I should be as child of God. They are so simple and trusting, and even though they have nothing they have such a pure joy.
    If I were to tell all the stories of this week this post would be forever long, but I want to relay one story so that you can be praying. On Thursday, we led a service at Remand home which is a juvenile home. After the lesson, we split into small groups and a guy named Innocent told us that his grandmother just died, and after he gets out he has nowhere to go and fears he will go back to his old ways. He also told us that He doesn't feel that He can even talk to God. Afterward, I just felt God was telling me to go talk to him and so I took him aside and told him that I would be praying for him. I challenged him to just start praying this week, and that I would check up on him the following week. He will be at the home for 6 months and I hope to sort of mentor him throughout that time, and hopefully see him get to a point where he is strong enough in the Lord to go back out into the crazy world. Please pray for him. Pray that I will know how to challenge him and love him. I am excited to see what God will do.
     Already this week I've been able use music. I've been blessed to lead worship for devotions a few times, play at schools and help lead the offering song at the church we went to on Sunday. I wanted to be able to use that gifting, and its awesome to see how God has blessed that already!
     Overall this first week has been amazing, and I'm so thankful for how God has worked. Please pray that I will continue to be open to everything he has for me. Also, as more and more people leave pray for strength because it doesn't get easier!
     I have so many stories already but not enough space to tell them, but if you have any questions or want to know more ways to pray feel free to message me on facebook or email me at crazy4him92@sbcglobal.net.
     I love you all and miss you!
       Craig

3 comments:

  1. Craig,
    I'm seriously so proud of all you're doing in your life right now. God's smiling soooo big at you. I'm happy to hear you're already having great experiences and you're having an amazing time. I will continue to pray for you everyday and I'm really praying that you can have a significant impact on people. You're an amazing man with an even more amazing heart. I love you!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you son! Great post. I look forward to more stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so awesome reading about all you are experiencing. You had a busy and fruitful week and to think you have an entire year to be part of God's work in that part of the world. I'm so excitted for you. I hope you are journaling all of your experiences and how God is moving and working through you so you will have all the memories and experiences to cherish and reflect on for years to come. Blessings Craig!

    ReplyDelete