WOW!!
My time has actually come. I thought about this day all year but it never felt like it would actually come. I have seen around a hundred people come and go, and I never thought it would be my turn..but here I am. I cant sum up this year in a sentence or a post all I can say is that this year was God...I think that kinda sums it up. I hope in everything I did and in all my interactions that it was all about God. He gave me the strength, provided for me, taught me and gently led me as I learned how to better serve Him. What an incredible Father we serve!
For some time now I have been praying for peace and closure as I leave. I knew this week was going to be really hard when I had to say goodbye to my team early Tuesday as they left for the village. Let me just say I am so blessed to have been able to serve with such and incredible people, I love them very much! I just kept praying that God would work this week and help me to leave knowing I fulfilled my purpose for being here. I started Tuesday morning by going to a primary school, I got to sing songs with the kids and take pictures. Then the teachers called a meeting and then just spent time thanking me for the time I spent there. I was so blessed! The next morning I went to the children's hospital and once again sang songs with them and they sang farewell songs to me and made me a card. Then I went to two other primary schools to say goodbye. That night I had small group and they took time to thank me for the time I spent there. I am so blessed to have been able to get into community with brothers and sisters from Uganda! They have been a huge God-send for me! This afternoon I said goodbye to the kids at the Juvenile home and then got to hang out with a friend from last year. We had a such a great time and then met up with my British friends and had such a great night talking about spiritual things and fellowshipping. God has constantly reminded me this week how blessed I am and how great this year was! He also allowed me to see that I was a blessing in my time here. I think sometimes we never know, but He allowed me to see the impact I have been able to make. I am so thankful for that! But whatever recognition I got that is just all the more witness to how great God is. If anything good came through me this year it was all Him! I know myself, I am so selfish and prideful. Any love was from Him! It so awesome to see the fruit of Him using me as His vessel! Praise HIM!
So here I go. The journey continues as I go home. I am so expectant and ready for all God has for me there! I am ready to hug my family and friends and hang out! I am ready to serve God, even though it will be much more challenging to do from America. I am excited to see how He works in me and grows me in this next stage of the wonderful journey He has me on. I trust Him...fully. I love Him. I want to serve Him. I want to die for Him daily. I need wisdom. It will be hard. I will miss this place and these kids with all of my heart. I don't need Africa though, all I need is my God! The most comforting thought in the world to me is that God is the same God in Africa as He is in America! He is and will always be perfectly faithful! Lets take the world for Him!
I really appreciate prayer as I travel home and as I begin this new part of my life! There will be a lot of adjusting to be done and a lot to mull over and process. Please pray that God gives me incredible peace and wisdom. I love you all and will hopefully see you very soon!
Craig
"For I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:11-13
Love you Craig! Praying for a safe journey as you go from your home in Africa to your home in America!
ReplyDeletePraying for you Craig! We love you! Aunt Tina and Family
ReplyDeleteYou actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand.
ReplyDeleteIt seems too complex and very broad for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I'll try to get
the hang of it!
My homepage - gohima.com